Video Poker Summary
Video Poker is a popular game played in online as well as land-based casinos. With the growing popularity the number of variants of Video Poker has also increased. Video Poker is an interesting and skillful game through which the players can big amount of money.
Video Poker is believed to be initiated in America in the mid -1800s. The game of Video Poker has been derived from the 5 card game of Poker. The first slot machine was created in 1891 which had 50 card symbols across 5 drums. In 1970 the first electronic poker machine, Poker Matic, was introduced by Dale Electronics. Video Poker along with land-based casinos also became popular in the online casinos after Microgaming in 1990 created the first online video poker machine. With the growing technology these days the players fond of Video Poker can also enjoy the game anytime and anywhere on their mobile phones.
Variants of Video Poker
There are different variants of Video Poker and all of them have different strategies and payouts. Some of the well-known variants of Video Poker are- Aces and Eights, Tens or Better, All American, Deuces and Joker, Jacks or Better, Double Bonus Poker, Bonus Poker.
The objective of the game is to make the best hand out of the five cards that the machine offers. The player can increase his odds of winning by selecting the cards that he wants and discarding the weak cards.
The rules to play Video Poker are simple but the game in the starting can be little complex. There are some strategies and tips to play Video Poker which if kept in mind can higher the chances of winning for the players. Unlike other casino games the player doesn’t need to beat other players to win instead he requires to get a winning hand. All the variants of Video Poker require different strategies to play and win. The player starts the game and makes the bet by clicking the ‘Bet One’ button. The player can also click at ‘Bet Max’ button to choose and make maximum bet. The online casino deals any 5 cards randomly after which the player makes a choice of holding and discarding the cards. This is a very important decision made by the players as this decides his win and loss.
Like Poker, Video Poker also has winning hand which plays an important apart in the game. It is important for a new player to have complete knowledge of the winning hands. The winning hands may differ according to the variant that is being played. The most commonly played variant is Jacks or Better so below given are the wining hands used in this variant.
- Royal flush: Royal Flush is 10-jack-queen-king-ace of the same suit.
- Straight flush: Straight Flush is in which the five consecutive cards are of the same suit.
- Four of a kind: Four of a kind is in which there are four cards of the same rank.
- Full house: Full house in which there are three cards of one rank and other two cards of another rank.
- Flush: Flush is in which all the five cards are of the same suit.
- Straight: Straight is five cards in a row with different suits.
- Three of a kind: Three of a kind three cards of same rank irrespective of other two cards.
- Two pair: Two pair is two cards of one value and other two cards of another value.
- Pair of jacks or better: Pair of jacks or better is the pair of jacks, queens, kings or aces.